Business Survey – we’re getting results!
Following our submission of survey results on upgrades to Braddon & the impact of the coronavirus, BURT has delivered results for local businesses.
- our submission the City Renewal Authority (CRA) containing your survey results has been incorporated into the planning process for Braddon’s upgrades
- we are now formally part of the ACT Government’s consultation process
- we have been invited to discuss upgrades & development of Braddon with the CRA’s independent consultant.
You can read the full report here: www.braddon.online/survey
More money for upgrades
The funding for the upgrades to Braddon is now almost $9 million and work will start early 2021.
BURT will keep you up to date with upgrade plans & the consultation process as it continues.
BURT’s comprehensive survey report & proposal was delivered to all political parties in the ACT, as well as to all candidates contesting the seat of Kurrajong at the October Election.
We have already received acknowledgement from all parties (Labor, Liberal, Greens, Canberra Progressives), saying they will soon give a formal response to our requests.
Face to face meetings have also commenced, with initial discussions on proposals already held with:
- Alistair Coe MLA, Leader of the Opposition (Liberal)
- Elizabeth Lee MLA, Member for Kurrajong (Liberal)
- Candice Burch MLA, Member for Kurrajong (Liberal)
- Maddy Northam, Candidate for Kurrajong (Labor)
- Rebecca Vassaroti, Candidate for Kurrajong (Greens)
Growing our influence
BURT has now started advocacy work as part of an ACT-wide group of business precinct trader groups.
We meet with groups like the Mitchell Traders, Phillip Business Community & Fyshwick Business Association to respond to common concerns & swap strategies on how to get results.
As a result, we are now formally part of the Canberra Business Chamber Precinct Groups community. This gives us direct input into the Chamber’s work with Government as well as regular formal meetings with government officials to discuss the needs of Braddon businesses.